Scottsdale - a top location to live and work
The City of Scottsdale is one of Arizona’s 10 largest cities with a population of more than 240,000. Scottsdale continues to be recognized nationwide as one of the top markets for business performance, job growth, livability and friendly culture. It is dedicated to the success of its residents and business community. Named as a best place to live, work and launch a startup, the city’s progressive leadership has kept taxes low for both families and corporations and has frequently been honored as one of the nation’s best-run cities.
With a rich history in tourism, Scottsdale is visited by more than 9 million people annually, generating an economic impact of 3.7 billion. Home to Arizona’s finest shopping and dining, Scottsdale offers ranches, hiking trails, award-winning resorts and acclaimed art galleries for its residents that enjoy an unparalleled quality of life. While millions of visitors come to experience the best in art, sports, special events and the natural beauty of the Sonoran Desert, residents stay for so much more. Before becoming a global destination for business, Scottsdale was - and remains - renowned for its exceptional recreational amenities. Professionals from all walks of life have made Scottsdale their home because of the city’s commitment to long-range planning and providing a higher quality of life for its citizens. The city offers a mix of lifestyle options for all income levels and living preferences, such as modern urban living, high-end estates and family neighborhoods.
Both small and large businesses enjoy unprecedented support through networking opportunities, educational programming, talent attraction and numerous other programs. Scottsdale is home to more than 25,000 businesses with nearly 20 percent of Arizona corporate headquarters calling the city home. More than 90 percent of Scottsdale’s software companies are growing with more than 10 percent software employment growth forecast in Arizona over the next five years. Other leading growth industries include technology, finance and insurance, real estate and rentals, health care and social services, and accommodation and food services.
As you can see, there are number of reasons to choose Scottsdale – here are just a few more of our favorites:
- Location provides low catastrophic risk, and ranks among the top 10 US cities for lowest disaster risk
- Higher quality of life with a lower cost of living in comparison to other major urban centers across the country
- Close proximity and accessibility to major domestic and international markets via Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport and Scottsdale Municipal Airport
- Scottsdale has the highest financial rating from all three major national bond rating agencies
- Home to some of the top performing high schools in the country
- Scottsdale is an environmentally conscious community with a long history of open space preservation and financially sustainable municipal operations and facilities.
- More than 100 years of planning & investments in the region’s water supply system and a 336-mile system brings 1.5 million acre-feet of water per year to the area via the Central Arizona Project
- Top 100 Best Communities for Young People
- America’s Promise Alliance
- No. 1 High School in the Nation
- U.S. News & World Report
- Top 10 City to Launch a Startup
- DataFox Ranking
- Best Cities for Hispanic Entrepreneurs
- Best City in the U.S. to get a job
- No. 7 Safest City in the U.S.
- Law Street Media
- No. 1 City in the U.S. to Live an Active Lifestyle
- Top 25 City in the U.S. for Arts Destinations
- American/Style Magazine
The City of Scottsdale is one of Arizona’s ten largest cities with a population of more than 230,000. With a rich history in tourism, Scottsdale is visited by more than 9 million people annually, generating an economic impact of 3.7 billion. Home to Arizona’s finest shopping and dining, Scottsdale offers ranches, hiking trails, award-winning resorts and acclaimed art galleries for its residents that enjoy a quality of life like no other.