Scottsdale - a top location to live and work
The City of Scottsdale is one of Arizona’s 10 largest cities with a population of more than 240,000. Scottsdale continues to be recognized nationwide as one of the top markets for business performance, job growth, livability and friendly culture. Scottsdale is dedicated to the success of its residents and business community. The city’s progressive leadership has kept taxes low for both families and corporations.
With a rich history in tourism, Scottsdale is visited by more than 11 million people annually, generating an economic impact of $3.3 billion. Home to Arizona’s finest shopping and dining, Scottsdale offers ranches, hiking trails, award-winning resorts and acclaimed art galleries. While millions of visitors come to experience the best in art, sports, special events and the natural beauty of the Sonoran Desert, residents stay for so much more. Before becoming a global destination for business, Scottsdale was - and remains - renowned for its exceptional recreational amenities.
Professionals from all walks of life have made Scottsdale their home because of the city’s commitment to long-range planning and providing a higher quality of life for its citizens. The city offers a mix of lifestyle options for all income levels and living preferences, such as modern urban living, high-end estates and family neighborhoods.
Both large and small businesses enjoy support through networking opportunities, talent attraction initiatives and numerous other programs. Scottsdale is home to more than 15,000 businesses with nearly 25% percent of Arizona corporate headquarters calling the city home.
There are more reasons to choose Scottsdale:
- Location provides low catastrophic risk, and ranks among the top 10 US cities for lowest disaster risk
- Higher quality of life with a lower cost of living in comparison to other major urban centers across the country
- Close proximity and accessibility to major domestic and international markets via Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport and Scottsdale Municipal Airport
- Scottsdale has the highest financial rating from all three major national bond rating agencies
- Home to some of the top performing high schools in the country
- Scottsdale is an environmentally conscious community with a long history of open space preservation and financially sustainable municipal operations and facilities.
- More than 100 years of planning & investments in the region’s water supply system
- Top 100 Best Communities for Young People
- America’s Promise Alliance
- No. 1 High School in the Nation
- U.S. News & World Report
- Top 10 City to Launch a Startup
- DataFox Ranking
- Best Cities for Hispanic Entrepreneurs
- Best City in the U.S. to get a job
- No. 7 Safest City in the U.S.
- Law Street Media
- No. 1 City in the U.S. to Live an Active Lifestyle
- Top 25 City in the U.S. for Arts Destinations
- American/Style Magazine