The Scottsdale Cure Corridor is healthcare and bio-life science industry corridor which runs east to west along Scottsdale’s Shea Boulevard and north to south along Scottsdale Road from the Scottsdale Airpark to SkySong, the ASU Scottsdale Innovation Center. Scottsdale is home to an array of business assets in the bio-life sciences sector from education and research, to clinical trials and patient care delivery.
The target industries in this cluster include pharmaceuticals, other biological products, medical laboratories and biotech research. Geographic clustering is particularly important for these industries to support innovation and to connect those conducting clinical trials with healthcare providers.
Scottsdale Cure Corridor Fast Facts
- There are more than 18,000 healthcare jobs in Scottsdale for 2018
- Healthcare jobs median salary in Scottsdale for 2018 is $82,009
- In the last five years, 1/3 of regional healthcare venture capital deals were with Scottsdale-based companies
- Healthcare jobs increased 20 percent from 2013-2018, doubling the job growth in the U.S.
- Average Household Income: $115,309
- Median Age: 45.9
- Population: 88,058
- Businesses: 9,073 (121,034 employees)
- SPI >150: apparel, alcohol, furniture, luggage
Source: ESRI BAO June 2017