The Scottsdale Cure Corridor is healthcare and bio-life science industry corridor which runs east to west along Scottsdale’s Shea Boulevard and north to south along Scottsdale Road from the Scottsdale Airpark to SkySong, the ASU Scottsdale Innovation Center. Scottsdale is home to an array of business assets in the bio-life sciences sector from education and research, to clinical trials and patient care delivery.
The target industries in this cluster include pharmaceuticals, other biological products, medical laboratories and biotech research. Geographic clustering is particularly important for these industries to support innovation and to connect those conducting clinical trials with healthcare providers.
Scottsdale Cure Corridor Fast Facts
- Home to 13 percent of the Phoenix metro area bio-life science employment
- The average wage in Scottsdale for the bio-life sciences sector is just under $60,000
- 14 percent of Scottsdale’s workforce is employed in healthcare and social assistance positions
- There are more than 20,000 jobs in the healthcare and bio-life science sectors in Scottsdale
- Average Household Income: $115,309
- Median Age: 45.9
- Population: 88,058
- Businesses: 9,073 (121,034 employees)
- SPI >150: apparel, alcohol, furniture, luggage
Source: ESRI BAO June 2017